MAP Foundation is a grassroots Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that seeks to empower migrant communities from Burma living and working in Thailand.
MAP works towards a vision of the future where people from Burma have the right to stay securely within their home country as well as the right to migrate safely and where the human rights and freedoms of all migrants are fully respected and observed.
* For policies on migrant workers to be formulated and implemented from a human rights perspective.
* For local migrant worker communities to be able to collectively improve their working and living conditions.
* To increase understanding of the situation of migrant workers in the host country and reduce discrimination.
MAP strives to:
* ensure that migrant communities can create and access information and services.
* eliminate exploitation of workers, in all sectors
* improve the mental, physical and social well-being of migrant communities
* increase spaces for migrant participation in advocacy and policy making.
* create space for migrant women to exercise their rights and fulfill their potential.
* promote the right of migrant workers to form their own associations/unions.
* eliminate all forms of discrimination.
MAP Foundation is a registered Foundation under Thai law; known in Thai as "Foundation for the Health and Knowledge of Ethnic Labour"